RunBrighton Marathon Group Training Runs
Why sign up to the RunBrighton Marathon Group Training Runs?
- Who knows where to run in Brighton better than us! The training runs are held every Sunday from 8.30am with the routes usually changing every 2 weeks. We vary the terrain to keep up your interest and motivation and gradually increase the distances. All the routes are planned and emailed to you, so you just turn up and focus on your running. Variety is the spice.
- Pace groups will be lead and supported by our Ambassadors, knowledgeable and friendly marathon runners, most of whom have been recruited from local running clubs: Arena 80, Brighton & Hove City Athletics Club, Brighton & Hove Women’s Running Club and Brighton Phoenix (Athletics and Triathlon Club).
- It’s a social thing! Where else can you fully share your marathon trials and tribulations with like minded runners?
- Once the longer runs kick in, you will be given the opportunity to trial the Brighton Marathon official sports drink, Gatorade, so you are familiar with it before race day.
- Our Saucony support van is always on standby to store your kit and belongings.
And there’s more …
- On signing up, you will also be entitled to a permanent 20% discount at SweatShop, 16/17 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3WA on all full price trainers and clothing.
- You will also receive a bespoke yellow YFumble RunBrighton pocket armband, (RRP is £6.00). Please wear it at the runs to identify you as part of the group.
Don’t just take our word for it, please find testimonial from RunBrighton Marathon Group Training Runner and Brighton Marathon finisher Alison Quelch:
‘Without RunBrighton I wouldn’t have been so well prepared at the Start line. Your organisation was brilliant, your dedication and devotion was fantastic. The Ambassadors were amazing, inspiring and very motivational – huge appreciation for them.’
Please note, sign-ups for the 2014 Group Training Runs are now at full capacity. Therefore registrations are now closed. Registrations for 2015 will open in September 2014.
Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org